Smoked Salmon Sandwiches with Ginger Relish
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 45.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 702mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 2 (7-ounce) cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) daikon radish, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) whole-wheat baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 large fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cold-smoked salmon
- 1. Place cucumbers in a food processor; pulse 15 times or until finely chopped. Place in a large bowl. Add radish to food processor; pulse 15 times or until finely chopped. Add radish to bowl. Add green onions and ginger to food processor; process until minced. Add to bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce; stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over cucumber mixture; let stand at least 15 minutes. Drain in a fine mesh sieve, pressing to squeeze out excess moisture.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Place bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up; broil 3 minutes or until toasted. Layer spinach, salmon, and relish on bottom half of bread; cover with top half of bread. Cut into 4 equal pieces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note