This was pretty good. It did have a lot of flavors. If I make it again, I would try it without the mustard dressing and just the cream cheese spread.
Open-Faced Smoked Salmon Sandwich
This sandwich is basically a riff on Hawaii's beloved lomi-lomi salmon, a salad of salted fish and tomatoes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 17 Minutes
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 848mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 (1-ounce) slices rye bread
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 12 ounces cold-smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 24 (1/8-inch-thick) slices cucumber
- 3 hard-cooked large egg whites, chopped
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Combine mustard and next 3 ingredients (through honey); stir with a whisk.
- 3. Spread 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each bread slice. Top each with 2 lettuce halves, 2 ounces salmon, 4 tomato slices, and 4 cucumber slices. Drizzle each sandwich with 2 teaspoons mustard mixture; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons egg whites. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note