Tasty and a nice change from your usual pizza. We have made it a couple of times. Fat-free cream cheese is also a great way to reduce calories and fat in this recipe. The only downside of this recipe is the price of the smoked salmon.
Smoked Salmon Pizza
Yield: Makes 5 servings
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 9g
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Garnish: fresh dill
- Prick prepared dough (see "All About Dough" below) with fork. Bake at 450° for 10–12 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to rack. Combine cream cheese with chopped fresh dill and lemon juice. Spread mixture on crust. Top with smoked salmon, capers, and sliced red onion. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Cut into 5 slices; serve.
- All About Dough
- Where to buy it: You can get refrigerated pizza dough at your local pizzeria or supermarket (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Albertsons make great ones). Let dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling it out, and arrange your oven rack at the lowest position. Then follow these directions, add toppings, and bake.
- Pizza prep: Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out 1 (1-pound) whole-wheat or regular store-bought pizza dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round or 13- x 12-inch rectangle. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with olive oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Roll up sides 1-inch to form a rim.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes