I have made this recipe a couple of times and I have enjoyed it each time. I have not changed anything in the recipe just used a few shortcuts by using prechopped onions other than that I kept everything the same. I thought it was pretty tasty.
Smoked Salmon and Onion Frittata
You can make the onion mixture for this dish up to two days ahead of time. Refrigerate it in an airtight container, then bring the mixture to room temperature before assembling the frittata. Serve with cut-up fruit and toasted bagels with cream cheese. We call for baking the frittata in a cast-iron skillet; nine-inch pie plate also works.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups preshredded potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups egg substitute
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in green onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove onion mixture from the skillet; set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray. Combine the potatoes, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Press potato mixture into the bottom of skillet. Broil 15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°.
- Spread the onion mixture over the potato mixture; sprinkle with salmon, cheese, and salt. Pour egg substitute over the top. Bake at 375° for 38 minutes or until it is puffy and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This