- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups preshredded potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups egg substitute
- calories 163
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 13.5 g
- carbohydrate 14.9 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 572 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in green onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove onion mixture from the skillet; set aside.
Coat skillet with cooking spray. Combine the potatoes, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Press potato mixture into the bottom of skillet. Broil 15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and golden.
Reduce the oven temperature to 375°.
Spread the onion mixture over the potato mixture; sprinkle with salmon, cheese, and salt. Pour egg substitute over the top. Bake at 375° for 38 minutes or until it is puffy and lightly browned.