Made for a holiday brunch buffet (lox is soooo expensive so wanted a way to extend it.) Trick is to blend the room temperature cream cheese first before adding the sour cream etc This gets out all the lumps (I used my KitchenAid mixer.) Be sure to dice lox up in smallish pieces - I separated it into strips first so as to make it go farther. Decorate with some bits of lox and diced green onion. Pretty!
Smoked Salmon Dip
You can substitute 1 (7.5-ounce) can skinless salmon, drained, plus 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke for the smoked salmon.
Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
More From Coastal Living
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchâtel, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- Raw vegetables, breadsticks, or flatbread crackers
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until blended. Stir in salmon. Serve with vegetables, breadsticks, or crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers