Smoked-Salmon Deviled Eggs
More From Food & Wine
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cornichons, cut into 1/4-inch dice, plus 2 teaspoons pickling liquid from the jar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Old Bay seasoning, for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a vigorous boil. Cover the saucepan, remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain off the water and shake the pan gently to crack the eggs. Cool the eggs slightly under cold running water, then peel them under running water. Pat dry.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks. Transfer the yolks to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir in the salmon, mayonnaise, cornichons, cornichon liquid and Dijon mustard. Season with salt. Mound the filling in the egg-white halves and sprinkle with Old Bay. Serve lightly chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This