Made this exactly as specified, and serve it as part of a group of appetizers that ended up being a full meal. One of my guests absolutely loved it, although his wife and I thought the salmon was a little overpowering. If you're a smoked salmon lover, you definitely need to try this. It goes together in less than 10 minutes; the presentation is lovely.
Smoked Salmon in Cucumber Boats
You can make the salmon mixture up to a day in advance. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for a more finished look.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 32
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked salmon (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. Trim ends off cucumbers. Split each cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out center of cucumbers, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick shell. Cut into 24 (1 1/2-inch-long) pieces. Reserve any remaining cucumber for another use.
- 2. Combine yogurt, salmon, and onion in a food processor; process until almost smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Spoon 2 teaspoons salmon mixture into each cucumber piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoked Salmon in Cucumber Boats Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This