Smoked Salmon Crostini
Serving these appetizers with a few lemon wedges on the side is the perfect garnish. Encourage your guests to squeeze them over the top of the salmon as a tart complement to the cream cheese underneath. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/22.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 thin rounds of bread, cut on the diagonal from a baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoon(s) very finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) pre-sliced smoked salmon
- 2 to 3 tablespoon(s) capers
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish platter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush bread on one side with olive oil and place oil side up, on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until just crisp and slightly golden. Do not over toast. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, blend together cream cheese, dill, onion and black pepper. Place in a pastry bag with a large tip or use a small spoon to place a dollop on the center of each toast. Cut salmon slices in half or thirds and fold a bite-sized slice over each toast. Garnish with capers and fresh dill sprigs. Place on a large platter with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note