We loved this dish. Perfect for weekend brunch. If you are a smoked salmon fan, try it. Served it with CL's Simple Baked Eggs and toast. Yummy!
Smoked Salmon and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Photo: Karry Hosford
Serve these potatoes with eggs Benedict for a fantastic brunch. Add fresh fruit to finish the menu.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add milk, butter, and cream cheese; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in chives and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This