We loved this dish. Perfect for weekend brunch. If you are a smoked salmon fan, try it. Served it with CL's Simple Baked Eggs and toast. Yummy!
Smoked Salmon and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Serve these potatoes with eggs Benedict for a fantastic brunch. Add fresh fruit to finish the menu.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add milk, butter, and cream cheese; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in chives and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables