Smoked Salmon-Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently; cover, and cook 5 minutes. Uncover, and cook 3 more minutes or until soft and golden. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer. Stir in mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients. Fold in caramelized onion and salmon. Cover and chill.
- Cut bread loaf in half lengthwise. Brush both sides with melted butter. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Place one half of bread in hot skillet, cut side down, and place a smaller heavy skillet on top of bread. Apply pressure to flatten bread. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and browned. Turn bread and repeat. Repeat with remaining bread half. Cut bread into small triangles. Serve with dip. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This