Smoked Salmon Canapés
Photo: Oxmoor House
Pair these upscale open-faced sandwiches with Pinot Noir. It complements salmon well.
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 slices party rye or pumpernickel bread
- 12 ounces smoked salmon
- 48 very thin slices cucumber
- Minced purple onion
- Freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh dill, separated into tiny sprigs
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at low speed of an electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Cut each bread slice diagonally in half. Separate salmon into very thin slices (smoked salmon should separate naturally into slivers). Cut salmon into 48 pieces.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto each piece of bread. Roll a cucumber slice inside each salmon piece; place over cream cheese spread on bread. Dollop 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture over salmon. Sprinkle with onion and pepper; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoked Salmon Canapés Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers