Smoked Salmon Canapés
Pair these with either a Pinot Noir or your favorite rosé. Chill the Pinot Noir about 30 minutes before serving; the rosé, about 2 hours.
Yield: Makes 34 triangles
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) package rye or pumpernickel bread slices
- 2 (4-ounce) package thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 small purple onion, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut each bread slice in half diagonally. Separate salmon slices and cut into 34 strips. Spread 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto each bread triangle. Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumbers into 34 thin slices. Roll a cucumber slice inside each piece of salmon; place over cream cheese spread on bread triangles. Dollop 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture over salmon. Sprinkle with onion and pepper; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers