Smoked Salmon and Red Potato Hash
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped small
- 4 large red potatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs, diced very small, about 1/4" pieces
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 - 6 ounce(s) hot smoked salmon, broken into flakes
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dill weed
- 1 green onion, sliced thin, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper. to taste
- Lemon slices, for serving
- f your eggs aren't already cooked, boil them now. Heat the oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onions and toss to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper and then spread across the bottom of the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes or so. When the potatoes are browned and cooked through, remove from the heat.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir together the sour cream, horseradish, dill weed, onion and parsley in a small bowl. Add the salmon and stir to combine. Gently stir the salmon mixture into the potatoes when they are finished cooking. Add the chopped eggs and stir gently. Let this rest in the pan for 5 minutes prior to serving. The heat from the potatoes will warm everything through. Serve with lemon juice sprinkled on top if you desire.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note