Smoked Salmon-and-Horseradish Spread
Transform leftovers into crostini by topping toasted French bread rounds with this creamy spread and a sprinkle of finely diced apples and toasted pecans.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 5 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-oz.) packages smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Granny Smith apple slices, celery sticks, flatbread crackers
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Pulse cream cheese and next 8 ingredients in a food processor 7 to 8 times or until combined, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in chopped salmon. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve with apple slices, celery sticks, and flatbread crackers. Garnish, if desired.
- Party Tip: Keep sliced apples or pears from browning by tossing them with lemon-lime soda. It works just like lemon juice but without the sour taste. The citric acid in the soda will keep the fruit looking fresh.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note