If you like lightly smoked beef still juicy and tender with this amazing crust then you'll love this recipe.. I've made this many times and it still the best ever way to have Prime Rib,, Ajus and horse radish yum...
Smoked Prime Rib Roast
3 or 4 bone roast, bones cut away but still attached, tied up. salt and pepper to taste rubbed with olive oil first.. lightly smoke for 3hrs..internal temp is more important the time. target temp is 135, let rest with a foil tent in a oven on a rack and cookie sheet. Reheat in the oven at 450 for 20 min. to get the crust on..slice an eat..
Yield: 6 servings ( Serving Size: 8oz. )
Community Recipe from
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil rub
- 3 teaspoon(s) salt sprinkle
- 4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper sprinkle
- rub in the olive oil and salt, pepper,, let rest until the charcoal is hot..set up the grill for indirect heat with a drip pan under the meat side.. get the mesquite soaking in water,,,insert the temp probe into the center of the roast,, set target temp to med rare 135 degree.
- Temp is more important then time,,
- Keep the grill temp at 250 to 300 degrees.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 1RobertGreen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note