Smoked Prime Rib
- 1 (10-pound) beef rib roast (6 ribs)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Hickory chunks
- Rub rib roast with salt, pepper, and garlic; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Soak wood chunks in water 1 hour.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain chunks, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line.
- Place rib roast on the lower food rack, and cover with smoker lid.
- Cook 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145° (medium). Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note