- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 smoked pork chops (about 1 3/4 pounds in all)
- 2 ounces Gruyère, cut into 4 thin slices
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
How to Make It
Heat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the mustard seeds and Dijon mustard. Cut a pocket, horizontally, in the side of each chop. Spread the inside of the pockets with the mustard mixture and stuff each with a slice of the cheese. Close each pocket with a toothpick or small skewer.
Put the chops in a baking dish and sprinkle them with the pepper. Bake the chops until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Remove toothpicks or skewers before serving.
Wine Recommendation: A crisp, dry, but full-bodied white, such as a Mâcon-Villages, from the Burgundy region of France, will be terrific with these chops.