Smoked Pork Butt
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Prop Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
- 1 (4- to 5-lb.) bone-in Boston butt pork roast
- 1/4 cup Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub
- Trim pork roast. Rinse and pat dry. Sprinkle with Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Bring internal temperature of smoker to 225° to 250° according to manufacturer's directions, and maintain temperature 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place pork, fattier side up, on cooking grate directly over coals in center of smoker. Cover with lid, and adjust ventilation to maintain temperature between 225° and 250°. Smoke, covered with lid and maintaining temperature, 5 hours; turn pork, fattier side down, and smoke 2 to 3 more hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 195°.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cool 15 minutes. Shred pork.
- Variations: Slow-Cooker Pork Butt, Oven-Baked Pork Butt
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note