More From Southern Living
Marinate: 8 Hours
- 1 (7-pound) pork loin rib roast (10 ribs), chine bone removed*
- 1 cup Cajun butter injector sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- Mesquite chips
- Trim fat from roast. Inject butter sauce evenly into pork. Combine salt, pepper, and cilantro, and rub mixture over pork. Cover pork and chill 8 hours.
- Soak mesquite chips in water at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker, and let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Drain chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line. Place pork on lower food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook pork roast 4 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 160°. Prep: 30 min., Marinate: 8 hrs., Cook: 5 hrs.
- *1 (7-pound) boneless pork loin roast may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only we used Original Cajun Marinade Injector for Cajun butter sauce.
- Roasted Pork: Place pork in a roasting pan, and bake at 425° for 45 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake 20 more minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes