Great recipe! Very tasty and filling, too. Would make again.
Smoked Mozzarella, Spinach, and Pepper Omelet Sandwiches
Serve with fresh fruit salad drizzled with berry or vanilla yogurt.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 173mg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup prechopped onion
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan; carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion. Cook 3 minutes. Wrap handle of pan with foil; place pan under broiler. Broil 1 minute or until set and lightly browned.
- Arrange muffin halves in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle muffin halves evenly with cheese, and broil 1 minute or until cheese begins to brown.
- Divide omelet into 4 portions; place 1 portion on bottom half of each muffin. Top evenly with spinach leaves; top with remaining muffin halves.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note