Great recipe! Very tasty and filling, too. Would make again.
Smoked Mozzarella, Spinach, and Pepper Omelet Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 173mg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup prechopped onion
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan; carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion. Cook 3 minutes. Wrap handle of pan with foil; place pan under broiler. Broil 1 minute or until set and lightly browned.
- Arrange muffin halves in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle muffin halves evenly with cheese, and broil 1 minute or until cheese begins to brown.
- Divide omelet into 4 portions; place 1 portion on bottom half of each muffin. Top evenly with spinach leaves; top with remaining muffin halves.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note