- 3 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese (such as Sargento)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf multigrain bread, cubed, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- calories 309
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 17.5 g
- carbohydrate 41.5 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 130 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 778 mg
- calcium 254 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients; stir with a whisk until well blended.
Combine tomato, corn, 1 cup green onions, and coriander.
Arrange half of bread cubes in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with half of tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cheese, and half of bacon. Pour half of milk mixture over top. Repeat procedure with remaining bread, tomato mixture, and milk mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining half of bacon, and 1/4 cup green onions. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Uncover strata. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set.