Makes 12 cupcakes
15-16 pieces (1 lb box) lasagna, cooked until tender and drained
3 cups grated Parmesan
3 cups grated smoked Mozzarella
3 cups grated sharp Cheddar
white sauceNotes: I went with regular mozzarella b/c my hubby is not a fan of smoked cheese. Also, I used shredded mozzarella and cheddar because I am lazy and could buy them already done that way.
For white sauce:
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups hot milk
pinch of salt
To make white sauce:
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add hot milk, stirring constantly. Add a pinch of salt and cook over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
To make cupcakes:
1. Trim lasagna pieces into 6x2-in strips and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Cut remaining pieces into 3 equal sections and place on sheet pan.
2. Brush a 12-cup cupcake tin with olive oil. Lay 2 i-in lasagna strips in the bottom of each mold to form an X. (Strips will hang over)
3. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of each cheese over pasta, packing well. Top with 1 tbsp of sauce. Place 1 smaller lasagna piece on top. Repeat for each.
4. Fold the 2 overhanging pieces over the top of each cupcake (Make sure you do this! I didn't and it led to crispy sides!). Use sauce to seal edges. Sprinkle with each cheese and dab of sauce. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat over to 325 degrees. Bake cupcakes for 25-30 minutes. Let cupcakes rest 10 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of