Smoked Mac-n-Cheese Lasagna Cupcakes
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Lasagna
- Makes 12 cupcakes
- 15-16 pieces (1 lb box) lasagna, cooked until tender and drained
- olive oil
- 3 cups grated Parmesan
- 3 cups grated smoked Mozzarella
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- white sauceNotes: I went with regular mozzarella b/c my hubby is not a fan of smoked cheese. Also, I used shredded mozzarella and cheddar because I am lazy and could buy them already done that way.
- For white sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- pinch of salt
- To make white sauce:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add hot milk, stirring constantly. Add a pinch of salt and cook over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- To make cupcakes:
- 1. Trim lasagna pieces into 6x2-in strips and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Cut remaining pieces into 3 equal sections and place on sheet pan.
- 2. Brush a 12-cup cupcake tin with olive oil. Lay 2 i-in lasagna strips in the bottom of each mold to form an X. (Strips will hang over)
- 3. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of each cheese over pasta, packing well. Top with 1 tbsp of sauce. Place 1 smaller lasagna piece on top. Repeat for each.
- 4. Fold the 2 overhanging pieces over the top of each cupcake (Make sure you do this! I didn't and it led to crispy sides!). Use sauce to seal edges. Sprinkle with each cheese and dab of sauce. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Preheat over to 325 degrees. Bake cupcakes for 25-30 minutes. Let cupcakes rest 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smoked Mac-n-Cheese Lasagna Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers