Smoked Leg of Lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) leg of lamb
- Hickory wood chunks
- Stir together first 7 ingredients until blended.
- Place lamb in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour olive oil mixture over lamb. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak wood chunks in water at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain wood chunks, and place on hot coals.
- Remove lamb from marinade; pour marinade into water pan, and place pan in smoker. Add water to pan to depth of fill line.
- Place lamb on lower food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook lamb 7 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of lamb registers 150°. Add charcoal, wood chunks, and water to smoker as needed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note