- Apple or alder wood chunks
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Pinch salt
- 5 pounds frozen king crab legs, thawed
- 4 frozen lobster tails, thawed (about 2 pounds)
How to Make It
Soak wood chunks in water to cover at least 30 minutes.
Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Drain chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to fill line.
Stir together butter and next 4 ingredients. Divide lemon-butter mixture in half. Crack crab legs, and split lobster tails. Brush lobster and crab with half of mixture; set aside remaining mixture.
Coat rack with cooking spray; place in smoker. Arrange crab legs and lobster tails on rack; cover with grill lid. Smoke crab about 20 minutes and lobster about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until flesh is white and firm.
Serve with reserved lemon-butter mixture.