Smoked Ham Salad on Gruyère Potato Coins
- 2 long, thin Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 pound lean smoked ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the potato slices into rounds. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake the potato rounds for about 45 minutes, or until deep golden; let cool. Transfer the potato coins to paper towels.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ham with the mayonnaise, scallion, cornichons, capers, tarragon and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the ham salad onto the potato coins and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note