Served this as a side with steaks. Everyone liked it. Good alternative to baked or mashed potatoes and no dairy. Easy to prep ahead of time.
Smoked/grill roasted Potatoes with Garlic, lemon & tarragon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 whole(s) Potatoes, red & russet Cubed into about 1-11/2 inch cubes
- 1 head(s) Garlic Pealed
- 1 whole(s) red onions Pealed, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup(s) Garlic oil (garlic confit recipe)
- 5 pinch(s) Peppercorns, white, green & pink Ground fine
- 3 pinch(s) Kosher salt
- 4 sprig(s) Tarragon Pieces about 4 inches long, left whole.
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Lemon zest Grated
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) Capers, salted Rinsed & drained
- Heat Big Green Egg to 350*. Soak apple & grape vine wood in water. Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl. Place in roasting pan to be one layer thick in pan. Add wood to coals & place roasting pan on rack in BGE. Cook 40 - 60 min turning every 10 min so everything gets nice brown. Did let heat fall after placing on to about 250* to allow for longer smoking time. Finished cooking by transferring to hot Weber gas grill so BGE could be used for other cooking. Removed from heat. Pull out tarragon stems. Wisk last 4 ingredients together in small dish. I was not teally measuring ingredients, just mixed them up to taste. Also added more garlic oil to dressing and whisked some more. Pour dressing mix over potatoes, stir. Added a bit more salt & pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PKcookin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note