- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 2/3 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to Make It
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and butter, stirring until melted.
Buy a 7-ounce wheel of smoked Gouda cheese to get the right amount.