This recipe is so easy! The smoked Gouda is perfect. I used regular stone ground grits instead of instant because I think they have more flavor. Great with bbq shrimp.
Smoked Gouda Grits
More From Southern Living
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth*
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Bring chicken broth, milk, salt, and pepper to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and butter until melted.
- *Water may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Frico Smoked Gouda.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This