Made this recipe to go with Deep South Shrimp and Sausage also from my recipes.com. Wonderful comfort food. I made 1/2 of the recipe which made a lot.
Smoked Gouda Grits
Swap smoked Gouda cheese for traditional Cheddar in these dressed-up cheese grits. The smoked Gouda cheese gives the grits deep, rich, satisfying flavor.
This recipe goes with Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 2/3 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and butter, stirring until melted.
Buy a 7-ounce wheel of smoked Gouda cheese to get the right amount.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note