Smoked Gouda Enchiladas
- 2 whole(s) grilled chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, smashed, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tablespoon(s) adobo sauce
- 1 4-ounce can(s) diced green chiles (mild or hot)
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- 1. Lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and set aside and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat add the two tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3. Add diced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add in the minced garlic and cook for one minute.
- 5. Add in the flour, cumin and the tablespoon of diced chipotle peppers, stir.
- 6. Whisk in the broth. Add in the tablespoon of adobo sauce and simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened. Season with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, taste and adjust seasonings. Remove from heat.
- 7. In a large bowl add the shredded chicken, half of the enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the shredded smoked gouda and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar.
- 8. Measure and spread 1/4 of a cup of the remaining sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 9. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for one minute.
- 10. Spoon a little of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, tuck and roll, placing it seem side down into the baking dish.
- 11. Pour and spread the remainder of the sauce over top of the enchiladas and top with the remainder of both cheeses.
- 12. Bake, uncovered, in your preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and bubbly.
- 13. If desired serve with hot sauce, sour cream or greek yogurt and sliced avocado.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note