- Sweet Onion Vinaigrette
- Toasted Bun Croutons
- 1 (4-oz.) package watercress
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 8 large radishes)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/2 pound shredded smoked chicken or barbecued pork without sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
How to Make It
Prepare Sweet Onion Vinaigrette and Toasted Bun Croutons.
Toss together watercress, next 5 ingredients, and 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large bowl. Arrange mixture on a serving platter. Sprinkle with queso fresco, and top with jalapeño pepper slices and croutons. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.
Total time includes vinaigrette and croutons.