Smoked Chicken Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
For simple family meals, toss the salad in the same pot that was used to cook the pasta, and you'll have one less bowl to wash. Feel free to substitute any shaped pasta you have on hand.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 385mg
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-ounce) package smoked chicken sausage with sun-dried yellow tomatoes and roasted garlic (such as Gerhard's), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sundried tomato halves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta. Combine pasta, sausage, cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note