This is a favorite, but you definitely need to enjoy the flavor of sour cream to enjoy this recipe. We serve it with grilled chicken. Be sure that the smoked cheese is spread throughout because it is that flavor that makes it special.
Smoked Cheese Pasta Bake
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Carbohydrate: 54.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 419mg
- Calcium: 310mg
- 1 pound uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked farmer or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Heat marinara sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and spinach, stirring until blended; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta.
- Spoon half of pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine sour cream, smoked cheese, and basil; spread over pasta mixture in dish. Spoon the remaining pasta mixture over sour cream mixture; sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes