- 1 pound uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked farmer or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 10.8 g
- satfat 7.5 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 19.1 g
- carbohydrate 54.9 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 419 mg
- calcium 310 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Heat marinara sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and spinach, stirring until blended; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta.
Spoon half of pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine sour cream, smoked cheese, and basil; spread over pasta mixture in dish. Spoon the remaining pasta mixture over sour cream mixture; sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.