Made to directions, easy to prep in the morning and then just pop into the oven that evening. These were good & simpler to make than our favorite recipe. Don't think the smoked cheddar is essential, probably would use a less-expensive option if we made again. Served before CL's pasta with mussels.
Smoked Cheddar-Stuffed Mushrooms
The strong flavor of smoked cheddar cheese goes a long way in these savory bite-sized appetizers. Dicing (instead of shredding) the cheese allows for little melted pockets in the filling.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 4 mushrooms)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 176mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 1 large)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 medium button mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add minced shallots and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Place shallot mixture in a medium bowl.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Add chopped mushroom stems, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and smoked cheddar cheese to shallot mixture; toss with a fork until blended. Add olive oil and 1 teaspoon water; stir well to combine.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon filling into each mushroom cap. Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until filling begins to brown and cheese melts. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers