Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (3/4-pound) dressed catfish
- Hickory chips, soaked
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry. Coat fish heavily with salt inside and out. Cover and chill overnight.
- Rinse salt off fish; pat dry.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker, and let burn 10 to 15 minutes. Add hickory chips. Place water pan in smoker, and fill with hot water.
- Place fish on food rack. Cover smoker with lid; cook 4 hours according to manufacturer's instructions or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Leave fish in smoker until fire dies down and fish is cool. Transfer fish to a serving platter.
- Note: Smoked catfish may be refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes