yum-worth the time
Smoked Boston Butt
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (6-pound) Boston butt pork roast
- Hickory wood chunks
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Cut deep slits in roast using a paring knife; add roast to marinade. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak wood chunks in water 1 hour.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain wood chunks, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to depth of fill line. Place roast in center of lower food rack.
- Cook, covered, 6 to 8 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°, adding additional water, if necessary. Remove from smoker; cool slightly. Chop or shred; serve with barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes