Smoked Bluefish Pâté
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked bluefish fillets, skinned
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cognac
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium-size purple onion, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Garnish: lemon wedges, fresh dill sprigs
- Remove and discard dark meat from fish fillets. Flake white meat, and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add lemon juice, cognac, and pepper; beat until thoroughly blended. Stir in fish, onion, dill, and capers. Pack into 1-quart crock or bowl; cover and chill two hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 to 30 minutes to soften; serve with crackers or crostini. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers