Smithfield Ham Biscuits
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup ground Smithfield country ham
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening and ham with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle milk evenly over flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface; knead lightly 8 to 10 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads