Smashed Sweet Potatoes (accompanies Nutty Fried Chicken)
"A Taste of Asheville" by Michael Hastings Tupelo Honey Cafe releases its first cookbook, featuring creative Southern comfort food. Winston-Salem Journal
Mix: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a baking dish, combine the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, maple syrup and butter. Cover with foil. Bake about 1 1/2 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. 2. Transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl, reserving any cooking liquid. Use a mixer to beat the potatoes, adding a little reserved cooking liquid as needed to reach a smooth consistency. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Continue mixing until the sweet potatoes are fluffy. If desired, the sweet potatoes may be warmed over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note