Smashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Chives
Can be made ahead of time, chilled and reheat just before serving, adding extra liquid to desired consistency. Stir in chives just before serving. Sprinkle additional chives over the top.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) Russet baking potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) Goat cheese (6 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) 2% reduced fat milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh chives chopped
- Place potatoes in saucepan, and over with water to 2 inches above. Add 1/4 tsp salt, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min or til tender, drain. Return the potatoes to pan over low heat; add remaining 1 tsp salt and butter to pan. Mash the potatoes with ptoato masher to disired consistency.
- Add cheese and pepper to mixture, stir til cheese melts. Stir in milk, cook 1 min. til thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Chives Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables