Notes: This is one component of Oahu Bouillabaisse. If making ahead, cover potatoes tightly and keep warm in a 250° oven up to 30 minutes; stir in crab just before serving.
This recipe goes with Oahu Bouillabaisse
More From Sunset
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Cholesterol: 5.9mg
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup spicy aioli
- About 1/3 cup herb broth or chicken broth
- 1/3 pound shelled cooked crab (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 2 1/2 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Add potatoes to boiling water, cover, and simmer until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes; drain.
- 3. Mash potatoes, adding aioli and enough broth to make potatoes creamy.
- 4. Stir in crab. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use in bouillabaisse or serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note