If you like bland and boring, this is the recipe for you!
Smashed Potato-and-Broccoli Casserole
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 257mg
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return potatoes and liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add chopped broccoli and next 6 ingredients (broccoli through sour cream) to pan, and stir well. Spoon potato mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smashed Potato-and-Broccoli Casserole Recipe at a Glance