Smashed Parmesan Potatoes
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 23 minutes
Olive oil and premium Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese combine to add richness and flavor to these coarsely mashed potatoes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes (about 9 potatoes)
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil or butter
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes well; return to pan. Add milk and olive oil to hot potatoes, and coarsely mash. Fold in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Note: Add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Any more will only lengthen the time it takes to bring the water to a boil, therefore increasing your cook time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This