This was delicious - even my 8-year-old son said, "Whoa, this is good!" Not typical for him. With a little planning, it was easy, too. Great recipe.
Slow-Roasted Tomato Pasta
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
4 Hours, 32 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 389
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 12.5mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 631mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°.
- 2. Place tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Bake for 4 hours.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic, and chop. Combine garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper in pan.
- 4. Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt for 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium-high under tomato mixture, and stir in reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes. Add pasta; cook for 1 minute, tossing to combine. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes