- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- calories 389
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 7.8 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 15.2 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- cholesterol 12.5 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 631 mg
- calcium 196 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 225°.
Place tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Bake for 4 hours.
Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic, and chop. Combine garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper in pan.
Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt for 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium-high under tomato mixture, and stir in reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes. Add pasta; cook for 1 minute, tossing to combine. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese and basil.