Slow-roasted Salmon and Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) Leeks trimmed and quarted lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) Center cut wild Salmon, pin bones removed
- 1/2 pound(s) fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 shallot
- unsalted butter room temp
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) parsley
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the leeks in a roasting pan with 1/3 cup olive oil; season with salt. Roast until slightly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon in another shallow pan and rub with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- When the leeks are done, reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Season the salmon with salt, place over the leeks and brush with the oil in the pan. Roast until firm, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Pulse the shallot in a food processor until minced. Add the butter, chives, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, and salt to taste and pulse until combined.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and top with half of the herb butter; top the potatoes with the rest. Slice the salmon, season with salt and serve with the leeks and potatoes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Morgyn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note