There are too many good crock and roast chicken recipes out there to fool with this pale, slimy mess. Flavor is OK but I won't make this again.
Slow-Roasted Rosemary-and-Garlic Chicken
You'll need at least at 4-quart slow cooker to cook the whole bird. It also cooks nicely in the larger, oval-shaped cooker.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces chicken and 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) roasting chicken
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 (3-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine minced garlic and chopped rosemary. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub garlic mixture under loosened skin over breast and drumsticks. Place 5 garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs into the body cavity. Place chicken, breast side down, in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on high heat for 1 hour. Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving drippings. Discard skin from chicken.
- Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a small saucepan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat. Add orange juice and vinegar to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes